I heard a TED talk last week about world happiness and how the ecologists have used fear to grab people’s attention. “And any psychologist will tell you that fear in the organism is linked to flight mechanism, that when an animal is frightened–think of a deer. A deer freezes very, very still, poised to run away.” Nic Marks
Mr. Marks went on to discuss five steps to happiness:
1) Connect. Relationships are the cornerstone to your life.
2) Be active.
3) Take notice.
4) Keep learning.
I’m a TED (Technology, Education, Design) Talk junkie. I love to know how people from many walks of life are thinking whether I agree with them or not. I found Mr. Marks’ talk fascinating because of the parallels to Christian joy.
1) Connect: Love God and your neighbor.
2) Be active: Your body is the temple of God.
3) Take notice: Of the people around you and the beauty of God’s creation.
4) Keep learning: Grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
5) Give. Enough said.
I have told you these things, that My joy and delight may be in you, and that your joy and gladness may be of full measure and complete and overflowing. John 15:11